Eashoa Msheekha (Jesus the Messiah) spoke Aramaic. Of course, this was two thousand years ago; the language has evolved and today it is like old English, it sounds different. The Ancient Church of the East, that emerged out of Jerusalem at the end of the Apostolic Age, referred to it as 'Leeshana Ateeqah' or the 'Old Tongue.' I call it Ancient Aramaic. It is still used in the liturgy of the Eastern Churches. It is sung during Mass. There are some clergy that know how to read it. It comes in many dialects of the Middle East and Africa, of the Eastern Churches, and of the Orthodox churches of some Eastern European countries. Nobody speaks this language anymore -- not the ancient form of it. Those who claim to speak Aramaic are only speaking modern derivatives of the language, just as nobody speaks Old English, or even Middle English anymore. Nobody speaks Koine Greek, Old Norse, or Old German, and so on. These languages have all evolved. And so today one also finds Hebrew and Aramaic spoken by millions of people in the Middle East, but these are modern versions of the language. The roots of many words are the same, however, and the old form can be learned. This I have done, so I can read the Scriptures and translate them faithfully. Actually, the Scriptures have preserved the Ancient Aramaic language, and the language has preserved the Scriptures. Ancient Aramaic is the first language spoken by human beings. The Scriptures were preserved only in this language. It is the language that Eashoa Msheekha (Jesus the Messiah) spoke.
New Testament: Matthew | Mark | Luke | John | Acts of the Apostles | Letters of the Apostles | Revelation
Old Testament: Genesis | Exodus | Isaiah | Daniel | Jonah | Jeremiah | Zechariah | Malachi | Qohlat (Ecclesiastics) | Proverbs | Hosea (ongoing) | Psalm 1 | Psalm 22
Other Links: Lord's Prayer in Ancient Aramaic | Story of Eashoa the movie | Audio | Video | Original Project | Order Books
New Links: Ancient Aramaic Old Testament | Ancient Aramaic Church | Ancient Aramaic Mission | WordPress Blog
The Aramaic New Testament is
the most popular edition of my translation with footnotes, 516
5.5x8.5x1.3 inches paperback,
font size 11. ($50 includes shipping) For other editions of the New
Testament and Old Testament Books, please visit my Ordering
To order by check or money order, write to:
Vic Alexander, translator
To order it through PayPal, click on the "Buy Now" button:
The Disciples New Testament, the American Edition - original English language terminology; e.g., 'Jesus Christ' and 'Lord God.'
This is the first edition of my New Testament translations. There are no chapter or verse numbers. This way it is easier to read the Text without the interruptions of the numbering system. The original Scriptures did not have numbers. Also, there are no footnotes. The footnotes are incorporated into the Text. This is an idiomatic translation. It is 484 pages. It maintains all the names of the English language tradition. Font size is 11pts. $55 (includes shipping.)
To order by check or money order, the address is at the top of this page.
Or to order via PayPal, click on the "Buy Now" button:
The Galilean Aramaic of the time of Eashoa Msheekha was not the same as the Galilean Aramaic of today, nor was it like the Hebrew of today -- even though both languages have evolved from the Ancient Aramaic of that time. The Galilean dialect of the Ancient Aramaic language of the time of Eashoa was the Ninevite Aramaic, today referred to as Ashurit by even the major scholars of Judaism. So the New Testament was recorded in Ancient Aramaic and later translated into Koine Greek, which is a form of Greek more akin to Aramaic, as it was heavily influenced by Aramaic. All human languages evolved out of the Leeshana Ateeqah (Ancient Tongue) that was spoken in Mesopotamia thousands of years before the Bible was written. However, Leeshana Ateeqah became the Leeshana Supprayah (Scribal Language) by the time of Eashoa Msheekha. This is the Sacred Scribal Language of the Scriptures, which the Hebrew Prophets had used, in its classical form, and the Apostles of Eashoa Msheekha used, in its final form. In fact, it is the language Eashoa Msheekha read the Scriptures from in all the synagogues and temples that He visited when He came to the world. This translation has been made from the Leeshana Supprayah, the Sacred Scribal Language of the Scriptures. This is the only Bible that has been translated from scratch using this language as the source material.
The hallmarks of this translation are:
(1) Restoring the name of Eil. Eil is the name of the Father that Eashoa (Jesus) used from the Cross, when He declared: 'Eil, Eil, l'manna shwiqtani.' Eil is the correct translation. ('El' is the article 'the' and therefore this leads to error in all the translations that don't transliterate the name of Eil correctly.) Only the Ancient Aramaic Scriptures carry the correct name of 'Eil.' This is the supreme name of the Eternal Creator of the Universe. It appears for the first time in Genesis 17:1 as Eil Shaddai (Eil the Almighty.) If the modern day Hebrew language revivalists do not accept the name of Eil as being the true name that appears in Genesis 17:1, how can they claim that the Old Testament was originated in Hebrew? (Google El-Shaddai and you will find that all the websites say 'El' is a pagan god of the Canaanite or Ugaritic religion. Here is the first one Wikipedia article.) In all the Hebrew Old Testaments' Book of Genesis the name is also given as 'El.' All the Bibles of all the languages of the world give the name as 'El.' The name is even misspelled in the Hebrew script! How could such a huge mistake go unnoticed? It is the denial of the Ancient Aramaic Scriptures of the Ancient Church of the East, the denial that they are the only authentic Scriptures.
(2) Identifying the name of Eashoa (Jesus) in Zechariah chapter 3, verse 1. It was said that the name of Eashoa (Jesus) did not appear in the Old Testament. My translation exposed the fact that the name of Eashoa (Jesus) was removed from the Old Testament Scriptures and the name ‘Yahoshua’ substituted in its place to mislead people into thinking that the name of ‘Eashoa’ was never used in the Old Testament. ‘Yahoshua’ (translated as ‘Joshua’ in English) is supposed to be a reference to ‘Joshua Barnun’; however, since the Book of Zechariah is a prophetic Book heralding Eashoa Msheekha, who was to come five hundred years later, the reference to Eashoa Barnun (the correct transliteration of the word) could not have been a prophecy, as Eashoa Barnun came over a thousand years before the time of Zechariah. Not only is the name of Eashoa (Jesus) in the Old Testament Scriptures, it is Eashoa that the Scriptures prophesy about throughout. Read my translation and you will see that it so. The name of Eashoa is correctly spelled in the Hebrew script, but incorrectly translated as Joshua in all the Western Old Testaments.
(3) Eashoa (Jesus) spoke of the Trinity in the Gospel of John chapter 5 verse 26; the 'Qnumeh' or the Trinity. My translation identifies the concept in the Gospel of John and in the Book of Exodus. In no other translation do you find it. It is only in the Ancient Aramaic Scriptures that the Trinity is revealed. The Trinity is also in Paul's Letter to the Hebrews chapter 1 verses 1-3. How could the Greek be the language of origination when the word for 'Trinity' has not been identified in several passages?
(4) Eashoa (Jesus) spoke of the Holy Spirit. He said in the Gospel of John that He would send them the Holy Spirit. And in the Book of Acts Eashoa (Jesus) baptizes His Disciples with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit descended on Eashoa (Jesus) when He was baptized by John. This was the first time the New Testament presented the Holy Spirit. It is only through my translation that these concepts are clearly translated and identified.
(5) In the Ancient Aramaic language the Holy Spirit is feminine in gender. This has profound implications in the interpretation of the Scriptures correctly. In the Ancient Aramaic language there are two genders: feminine and masculine, there is no neuter. This is one of the sacred features of the Ancient Aramaic language. In Greek, Latin and English sometimes the Holy Spirit is referred to as 'it'; the Holy Spirit is never referred to as 'She.' These languages are male-oriented and misleading in the interpretation of certain doctrines. When the Holy Spirit is mentioned by Eashoa, He always refers to Her as She. This is not just a question of grammar; it is an expression of the Holy Spirit's nurturing quality and Her sacred, compassionate nature.
(1) If the Ancient Aramaic (Leeshana Ateeqah) was not the original language of the Scriptures, why did all forms and dialects of Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, Latin, English, and all the languages of the world, miss identifying the name of Eil? Why did all the Western Churches miss the connection between the covenant that Allaha (God) made with Abraham in Genesis 17:1 and the words of Eashoa (Jesus) on the Cross in Mark 15:34? In both cases, the name of Allaha is Eil. You want further proof? Here's an article that covers all the variations of the missed name.
(2) 'Justification by Faith' has to be based on faith, and the Faith of Maran Eashoa Msheekha (Jesus the Messiah) is in His Teachings. 'Faith' is a spiritual gift passed on through the authentic Scriptures of Eashoa Msheekha, not by reading the falsified Bibles of the West. When Eashoa Msheekha walked the earth, He taught the Faith in His Name to the Disciples. However, 'Justification by Faith' is through the works of 'Faith.' Justification is contingent on action. Faith may be acquired spiritually without works, but the manifestation of Faith in the world must be through the Works of Faith - the Faith in Maran Eashoa Msheekha. Otherwise, what use is faith without works? When people deny that the words of Eashoa Msheekha and the New Testament were recorded in the language that He spoke, (read from, and wrote,) how can they be justified by faith? What faith? Is their faith in their interpretation of the words of Eashoa Msheekha, or is their faith in the actual words of Eashoa Msheekha? They must first admit that the 'Greek Original' is a translation, before they argue that they have the true faith. Read the above 'Hallmarks of this translation' section and you will notice that the Greek-Latin-English translations have major errors.
1. To restore the Apostolic Scriptures for all followers of Eashoa Msheekha.
2. To reconcile doctrinal differences between East and West.
3. To provide every reader interested in the authentic translation of the Scriptures an online source for study.
The Scriptures of the Ancient Aramaic Church are not for sale in the original script! You may make a donation or send a contribution toward one of the translations in English, but the actual Scriptures in the original language are not for sale. That is why I do not post the whole Scriptures on my website. Many people ask me, 'What are your sources, where are these Scriptures, or can we buy a copy?' I answer, 'No.' These are my personal copies.
What I have is a translation from the Ancient Aramaic Scriptures of a Church that practically disappeared in the 13th Century. It disappeared in physical form, but the Scriptures remained; there are thousands of handwritten copies in the world. I do not identify them because there are those who would destroy them physically if it were known which were the authentic copies; but the main reason why I don't identify them is that I feel the Protestant churches will attempt to incorporate them into their own doctrinal interpretations. The Catholics know that 'Jesus spoke Aramaic' so they simply hide them. And the Orthodox Churches also know this; but their survival is at stake. It is the falsification of the Scriptures by the plagiarizers and the revisionists that the Scriptures must be protected against. And so all I do here is simply to provide a translation that avoids being bought and sold, stolen and burned, or otherwise falsified and corrupted. You may make donations and I will send you my translations in printed form. I have thousands of footnotes and commentaries that accompany my translations, so the reader can decide for himself or herself whether or not to believe the original words of Maran Eashoa Msheekha and who He said that He Is.
May 24, 2015
It's mind boggling that there are so many variations in the Bible Text as translated. Aside from all the possible reasons why the Scriptures were mistranslated over a period of two thousand years, there is the unanswered question: how could so many translators have looked at the same verses and come up with totally different interpretations? There is this, that no one has mentioned before: the translators didn't know the original languages well enough, they didn't grasp the poetic elegance, they lacked translating skill, and the task of translating so much Text overwhelmed them.
I come up to verses everyday that I say to myself, "They just didn't know what this meant." Sometimes the translators didn't understand a certain idiom or expression. Other times, they simply made up something that may have sounded good in the language they knew well -- the language into which they were translating.
Sometimes the translators came pretty close to the meaning, but usually it is clear that they didn't know the original languages and relied too much on Greek and Latin.
June 4, 2015
The Ancient Aramaic language terminology was retained in the East because that was the original terminology: Eashoa Msheekha (Jesus Christ) and Maryah Allaha (Lord God); and as the Arabs conquered the Near East, Egypt and North Africa after the 7th Century AD, they also adopted the Aramaic language terminology with a few changes that weren't noticeable: Ya-soo' al-Ma-seeh (Jesus the Messiah) and Allah Akbar (God is Great, with the word 'Great' substituting for the word 'Lord.'). And the Aramaic speaking peoples, such as the Assyrians (Syriacs), the Syrianis, the Chaldeans, the Copts, the Ethiopians, and all the people of the world who adopted the Faith in Eashoa Msheekha -- all used the same terminology. This is why there was no persecution of the Eastern Orthodox religions in the East by the Arabs on the basis of terminology; in other words, the terminology did not instigate the hatred by the Arabs that exists today against those that call Eashoa Msheekha 'Jesus Christ' and that call Maryah Allaha 'Lord God'. This hatred is based on political reasons, not on religious reasons.
The followers of Eashoa Msheekha were called by the Arabs, 'the people of the book' because the terminology was similar. There was persecution later (after the early centuries of Islam) on the basis of doctrines, but this was easier to resolve through taxation and mild discrimination. Thus the Eastern Orthodox Churches were able to survive until the end of the 20th Century, but now Islam has become totally intolerant of the followers of Eashoa Msheekha, because of Western Christianity's insistence on calling them 'Christians' and thus identifying them as intrinsic allies of Western Christianity.
Over the course of the thirteen centuries of Islam, Eastern Christianity has had to cope with jealousies between its patriarchs -- as they were trying to deal with various Islamic caliphates, kingdoms and governors. These problems added to the discrimination by the Roman Church against the Eastern Orthodox Churches during the first thousand years of Islam; but in the last three hundred years, from the 17th Century until now, the discrimination against Eastern Christianity for using the original terminology has reached major proportions. The hard line 'we believe in God, not Allah' has been re-instituted. The followers of Eashoa Msheekha have been systematically wiped out from their homelands. The Scriptures that Eashoa Msheekha read from have been rejected by the world. However, the doctrines are still preserved in the Ancient Aramaic language, but very few people recognize them, as they can exist only as a translation, since the Ancient Aramaic language has been essentially 'silenced.'
However, Eashoa said in Luke 19:40: 'I am telling you, if they be quiet, the stones will cry out.' He was referring to His Disciples glorifying Him. And He was speaking of the ultimate recognition of the Scriptures. So the season during which the Scriptures are silenced will come to an end also, when the followers of Eashoa Msheekha revive them through their faith in His Name.
July 16, 2015
Attacks against the Bible of Christianity appear on a regular basis. I just read one in a major Newsweek magazine issue (Dec. 23, 2014) entitled: The Bible: So Misunderstood It's a Sin, by Kurt Eichenwald. Here is the last paragraph:
"The Bible is a very human book. It was written, assembled, copied and translated by people. That explains the flaws, the contradictions, and the theological disagreements in its pages. Once that is understood, it is possible to find out which parts of the Bible were not in the earliest Greek manuscripts, which are the bad translations, and what one book says in comparison to another, and then try to discern the message for yourself.
"And embrace what modern Bible experts know to be the true sections of the New Testament. Jesus said, Don’t judge. He condemned those who pointed out the faults of others while ignoring their own. And he proclaimed, “Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
"That’s a good place to start."
The whole issue of Newsweek came out last Christmas -- just in time to sell it to Christians who might buy it without knowing what's in it.
The whole issue of this major magazine is an attack against the Greek and Latin Bibles, and the English language translations based on them. There is no mention of the Ancient Aramaic Scriptures or the Eastern Churches who retained the Ancient Aramaic Scriptures. It's as if none of them existed.
Notice how the writer of this article attacks the veracity of the Bible in the first paragraph by quoting Jesus in the second paragraph. And then he adds a note, "This is a good place to start." He thinks he has proven his point that the Bible is based on false information. In fact, the only thing he's proven is that the Western Bibles of Christianity are all distorted and falsified.
July 24, 2015
The prophecies of the Scriptures are not preserved ostensibly for the sake of historical proof or even to admonish the believers; the prophecies of the Scriptures are preserved so as they may be an inspiration to the followers of Eashoa Msheekha (Jesus the Messiah) as they avoid the falsifications of modern day religious leaders who wish to use them for the sake of financial gain and personal power. The prophecies of the Old Testament have already been fulfilled through Eashoa Msheekha. Their historical admonitions had relevance to the times of old; but now the purpose of reading those prophecies is for recognizing what Eashoa Msheekha was saying to His Disciples and what He wants His Children to know. Therefore, there is no way for His followers to go back to the Old Testament times, as it were, and talk directly to 'God.' All we have is what Eashoa Msheekha said regarding the Scriptures and their interpretation for all time. There is no truth outside of what He wants us to know. The Scriptures can only be interpreted faithfully in the context of what Eashoa Msheekha taught His Disciples. This translation project is dedicated to clarifying the words of Eashoa Msheekha regarding the Scriptures. The interpretation of the Old Testament, as well as the New Testament, must follow only what Maran Eashoa Msheekha said with the clarity of His own words, correctly translated.
September 12, 2015
Don't be misled by the events of today when people call on God, Allah or some other name to justify violence. There is no justification for violence from a true religious perspective. The violence of these days is committed for political reasons. After Eashoa came to the world, everything changed. He came at a violent time. He knew that the world would always be a violent place. He showed His followers how to avoid violence.
What Eashoa Msheekha taught His Disciples and followers was to avoid evil. He showed them an example of how to deal with the world and stay alive. If you read my translation carefully, you will find the path Eashoa meant for His Children to follow.
November 21, 2015
The Christian faith in America is in a freefall. It appears to be afloat because it will take a long time for it to hit rock bottom. I cannot keep up with the fall through this blog, so I have broken it up into sections. This is the first one. If you wish to study the progress of this translation project for the last twenty years and how it traces the fall, you may wish to click on the links below and continue reading. Even though there was nothing one could do to change the course of history, it was possible to touch on some of the major doctrinal changes and distortions of the original Scriptures that Eashoa Msheekha read from and the lessons He taught. It can all be captured through the Ancient Aramaic language, the Scribal Language of the Scriptures. It will take years for a reader to go through this website, but it is here nevertheless if you care to read it. With the blessings of Maryah....
1. Aramaic Bible Project | 2. Translation Notes | 3. Ancient Aramaic Church (AAC) | 4. Ancient Aramaic Mission (AAM) | 5. Ancient Aramaic Old Testament | 6. Story of Jesus movie project
February 4, 2016
To learn more about this translation project, continue reading.
(All fields are optional)
Number of visitors since July 1, 2003
Page updated February 5, 2016